Monday, October 12, 2009

Harbor Hippo

What trip to Baltimore's Inner Harbor would be complete without a ride on the water taxi?


Oooooooooh, look! The Domino Sugar plant! Can we stop for just a little taste?!?!


I was a little wound up after eating a couple of sugar packets, so we walked around some of Baltimore's neighborhoods. Somebody must have been expecting me because they left a giant "H" for Hippo on the sidewalk.


A whole theater named just for me!


After our walk, it was time to finish the day with dinner and a nice view of the harbor at sundown.

3 comments:

Regulus said...

You do realize, Mr. Hippo, that there is a bar in Baltimore called variously "Hippo," "Club Hippo" and most commonly "The Hippo" -- but I'm not sure that's your type of bar.

I like Baltimore, too, except when I don't.

Hippo A. Potamus said...

Yup. I'm aware of that club; I used to drive (well, in my case ride-I can't reach the pedals) by it. I'm much to young a hippo to be drinking and hanging out in bars, anyway. Now if they wanted to name a pancake house after hippos, that would be different! Plus I really like the lady hippos. ;) Maybe Happy will introduce me to one of his new friends in Milwaukee.

Regulus said...

No worries. As for Happy, I think he really likes fish so you two should be quite fine together, although I'm a bit skeptical that you are so young that you can't drink.

(Yes, that is Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart in the picture.)