Monday, October 13, 2008

House Hippo

Last night, Hippo and I fell asleep watching an old movie on TV. I woke up to the sound of rustling and saw sticky hoof prints leading away from my plate of peanut butter on toast. Hippo was still asleep on his pillow and his paws were clean, so I knew it wasn't him.

I tracked the hoof prints into the kitchen and noticed a pile of mittens and dust bunnies behind the wine rack. When I reached to move them, I saw what seemed to be a tiny hippopotamus! It quickly ran under the cupboard and behind the refrigerator.

After confirming that Hippo was still snoozing innocently, I did a little Googling and discovered this nature documentary:


Hippo is planning to camp out in the kitchen tonight with a bag of chips and a flashlight to see if he can make a new friend.

1 comment:

Hippo A. Potamus said...

An update on the House Hippo hunt:

I got hungry while waiting for the House Hippo to appear, so I snacked on some of the chips. Then I got sleepy and took a nap.

When I woke up, the bag was empty! No, I didn't eat the rest in my sleep--there was a trail of crumbs leading away from the bag and behind the refrigerator.

I'm going to try again as soon as soon as I buy some more chips!