Friday, October 24, 2008

Hipboopotamus

As October ripens, the sun is setting sooner and the air is turning chillier. That means long nights of howling wind and clanking radiators. So I didn't think much when my reading was interrupted by clanks and howls last night.

But the ruckus was accompanied by an eerie glow down the hallway, so I decided to investigate. There I was startled to see this frightening apparition!


Usually Hippo would be squeezing my hand hard in such a scary situation. But he was nowhere to be seen, so he must have been hiding safely under a blanket.

1 comment:

Hippo A. Potamus said...

I don't have the heart to tell him.... That was really ME in the ghost costume! I was trying on some costumes for Halloween. I don't know what the eerie glow was, though. Maybe there was a real hippopotaghost supervising!