Monday, April 28, 2008

Scientific Hippo

Last month, I took a scientific field trip to downtown Washington, DC. Besides riding the Metro and stopping for snacks, I did some other really cool things!

I went to the National Geographic Museum in Explorer's Hall to see the frog exhibit. Some of them were bigger than I am! ...and I mean the real ones, not just the friendly looking statue.


After the frogs, I stopped for another snack, and then I went to visit my friend Albert outside the National Academy of Sciences.


The National Academy usually has some interesting artwork, concerts, and other exhibits that are open to the public. I particularly enjoyed Jill Greenberg's monkey portraits and the Camille Seaman's iceberg photos that I saw this time. There is also a lot of permanent artwork throughout the public areas of the building.

No comments: