Sunday, December 5, 2010

Free Zoolights!

It's that time of year again, and this time ZooLights is free! (except for souvenirs, junk food, and parking)


For anyone who goes, you can help some of the hungry people (and hippos) in Washington, DC by bringing canned goods to fill one of Uncle Happy's old hippo crates.  That's going to take a LOT of food. 
 

 This year, there are trains--big light up ones, little ones to see, and even one to ride!


Can you spot the hippo saying "hi" to Thomas?  Thomas is a little bit blurry because he wouldn't stop moving.


The gin-GRR-bread lion habitat contest made me really hungry; my stomach even started growling like a lion.  This one is my favorite because I also like to spend time at the National Gallery of Art Scultpture Garden


Those are just a few of the fun things to do and see.  I'll post more of my photos of the lights later!

No comments: